Partnership Between Durango Transit and Road Runner Transit Offers Rides to Three Springs
Durango Transit received a reduction in transit grant funding this year as a result of a policy change at the state level resulting in service changes going into effect Monday, May 7, 2018. The key changes to Durango Transit service affecting Three Springs are:
- Elimination of the Three Springs/Mercy Route
- Partnership with Road Runner Transit to provide service to Three Springs/Mercy at no additional cost to Durango Transit pass holders
- All routes extended to 7:00 am – 9:00 pm service, year round
- Extended Opportunity Bus service (7: 00 am – 9:00 pm, 7 days a week year round)
- No service days on City holidays.
Durango Transit entered into an agreement with the Southern Ute Action Community Action Program (SUCAP) Road Runner Transit to offer rides to Durango Transit pass holders to and from Mercy Regional Medical Center at Three Springs and the Durango Transit Center at no additional cost to riders.
Using a Durango Transit pass, riders can board the Road Runner at the Three Springs Mercy transit stop heading to the Durango Transit Center, Monday through Friday, at 6:30 am, 7:15 am, 9:00 am, 9:05 am, 12:30 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:55 pm, 5:25 pm. Riders heading from the Transit Center to Mercy can pick up the bus, Monday through Friday, at 7:08 am, 7:48 am, 9:35 am, 10:08 am, 1:08 pm, 3:35 pm, 5:28 pm and 6:03 pm. Durango Transit passes are not eligible for a free ride on the Road Runner Stage Lines service to Grand Junction. For more information about Road Runner Transit, visit Sucap.org/road-runner-transit or call (970) 563-4545.
For new Durango Transit route maps and more information, please visit www.durangotransit.com or call (970) 375-4901.